Monday, February 28, 2011

Weather and Testing

What a way to start ISTEP testing, not only is it a Monday but we also had horrible storms come through Indiana overnight. Tornadoes, flooding and power outages throughout the state. Last night as I sat in my basement thinking that I won't get much sleep before I go and proctor test, I started thinking about the students. Students that already have test anxiety may end up with even higher anxiety with the storms. How would the they handle getting woken up at 2:30 in the morning to go to their basements?

When I arrived this morning, I was surprised to see how many wide awake kiddos were. Some almost seemed excited to be here. I'm sure it has more to do with seeing their friends and classmates than with the ISTEPs..... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment